Sploosh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Thread

3 posters

Go down

Music Thread Empty Music Thread

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 19:41

Well, someone had to make one.

• post music
  • recommend music
  • discuss music

Go!

Back to top Go down

Music Thread Empty Re: Music Thread

Post by Clavain Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 21:50

I personally really like Regina Spektor, mostly because of the music and everything but every now and then you listen to the lyrics and whooaa (e.g. "Us" is about the US and Europe and their relationship whilst parodying lovesongs? wow)

Mostly I used to pretend to like groups but then I realized that I just like odd songs from groups apart from Muse and Argereich (as a performer) which I actually like. No particular genres interest me. I only have 339 files in my music folder since I culled all the music I didn't like, but I listen a lot more than I used to.

Nice songs though:

- I can play this on the piano lol

also slightly offtopic but imsosorry I don't remember you saying anything particularly awful and I regret so much from the past too, just I'm your comrade here, comradeship, we're in this together
Clavain
Clavain
Admin

http://clavain.blog.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 21:01

I listen to pretty much all kinds of music, from Baroque to hardcore punk.
I cba to post links right now, so here's some disjointed, irrelevant names.

Biffy Clyro — rock band that makes weird music. They've become a bit more tame over the years, but if you like odd time signatures, lop-sided or just flat out absent song structure, weird chords and trippy lyrics, I recommend their album of 2004, "Infinity Land."
Refused — Swedish accents, screaming, anarchism, hilarious spelling errors in song titles. Brilliant combination.
Driftless Pony Club — this is the band that WheezyWaiter is in. He's not an incredible singer, but besides that they make really compelling music. Their earlier stuff sounds somewhere between indie/prog rock and experimental punk; their later stuff is more conventional and electronic-y, but still pretty weird. Lyrics are worth listening to as well. Also they made an entire album about the architect and philosopher Buckminster Fuller.

Besides that, Esbjorn Svensson Trio, Modest Mouse, assorted jazz...

I'm into weird stuff, if you couldn't tell.

Also thanks Clavain; I appreciate your comradeship, but have you ever unwittingly used UKIP slogans in a schools debate?
...didn't think so.
not even joking I actually said "we want our country back" in front of a bunch of eleven-year-olds
i spoiled their innocence forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferox Mon 2 Mar 2015 - 19:42

You might've heard it already but this song
is pretty good.

Some other stuff, though. The Feeling is a band with some music that's just... quite nice really. Quite easy to listen too and fun, eg.
Sewn:
Love it When You Call:

Fill My Little World:

Also there's this catchy one that our German teacher showed us (German song lel):

sgdsd:

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPYZpwSpKmA
Ferox
Ferox

Back to top Go down

Post by DialgaEmz Wed 15 Apr 2015 - 19:41

Me: oh cool a music thread!!
Me: *realises no one else listens to the shit i listen to*
Me:
Music Thread Awkwar12

For the record i'm cool with most things (rap isn't one of my strong points tho) but lately i've gotten into  a shitty mix of dubstep and metal forming the genre metalstep/dubmetal/deathstep/screamstep ?????? idk it has too many names  :/  .

4 vids for u to listen to:

There are a few other bands out there that often do metalstep like Blue Stahili and Celldweller but if i listed anymore you would be here forever XP

Last edited by DialgaEmz on Wed 15 Apr 2015 - 19:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : baaands)
DialgaEmz
DialgaEmz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down